I don’t know what most people consider Christmastime, but for me, December is just another name for Christmastime. Yeah, I guess you could say that I’m into the holidays. Sometime later this month, I will be sharing my favorite things about this time of year, but since I have music playing, I figured that I would share some of my favorite Christmas/December-themed songs (in no particular order).
- Let It Snow, Dean Martin | Actually, this one is my number one favorite Christmas song, but I literally have no idea why. It just makes me really happy.
- Carol Of The Bells, Pentatonix | I’m sorry, but this version of this song is bangin’. Basically anything Pentatonix touches turns to gold, but I’m still hurt that Avi isn’t part of the group anymore…
- Christmas (Baby Please Come Home), Darlene Love | Honestly, I didn’t really even know this song until I heard it in an ABC Family movie called The Mistle-Tones, and I instantly fell in love with it. It’s such a cute song!
- Last Christmas, Wham! | I feel like this song shouldn’t be a favorite since it’s more on the sad side, but you know what? I jam out to this in the car—it has some kind of power over me that I just don’t understand.
- All I Want For Christmas Is You, Mariah Carey | circa 1994, ‘nough said.
- I’ll Be Home For Christmas, Michael Bublé | Have you ever watched the movie of the same name with Jonathan Taylor Thomas? It’s a personal favorite.
- My Only Wish, Britney Spears | I may or may not have mentioned at one point or another that I loved Britney Spears growing up. During her Oops!…I Did It Again days, she was my idol. And I was only like 5 years old. So when Now That’s What I Call Christmas came out, this song was everything.
- The Chipmunk Song (Christmas Don’t Be Late), Alvin and The Chipmunks Ft. Dave | I’m not sure if this is a fan favorite, or just plain embarrassing. Brianna and I used to have a CD with this song on it, and we would sing this song all the time as kids.
- Winter Wonderland, Bing Crosby | I’m not really sure why I love this song either, but it’s such a classic. And Bing Crosby’s voice isn’t too shabby, either.
- Something About December, Christina Perri | Once upon a time, this song was one of those random free songs on iTunes. That’s how I found it, and I still love this song.
I almost feel like, what’s the point of doing honorable mentions, but I usually list more than ten, and want to share the ones that don’t eventually make the list. Also: although it has absolutely nothing to do with Christmas, can I add Once Upon A December from Anastasia on this list?
- Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas, Judy Garland | Doesn’t necessarily need to be Judy singing it, but her version is just so pretty and light and enjoyable.
- Dance Of The Sugar Plum Fairy, Lindsey Stirling | Honestly, any version of this song works (I have a strange love for The Nutcracker, don’t mind me), but I just recently listened to Lindsey’s version, and it’s AMAZING.
- Where Are You Christmas, Cindy Lou Who | You know, the little girl from How The Grinch Stole Christmas (the version with Jim Carey, Christine Baranski, and Taylor Momsen) (because no one else should be singing this song, am I right?) But also: every time I look at adult Taylor Momsen, I’m still a little thrown off because all I see is either little Cindy or Jenny from Gossip Girl.
Fun Fact: Baby, It’s Cold Outside used to be my favorite holiday song, once upon a time when Elf came out. And then I realized how f***ing creepy it is.
Prompt: What are some of your favorite Christmas songs?