What is the Liebster Award exactly? Well, I didn’t know, either, so I did some quick research. Turns out, it’s a huge thing that bloggers do to promote other bloggers—which, in my opinion, is super sweet. It gives everyone involved an equal opportunity to find more content to read, and to connect with others in the blogging community. And what kind of blogger wouldn’t want that?
I was nominated by Brenda, and I would just like to give her a huge thank you for enjoying my blog, and of course, letting me be a part of this big love fest for readers and writers alike. So, thank you!
Fun Fact: The name of the award, Liebster, is derived from the German word, liebe, meaning love. The word itself means dear, sweetheart, or someone very much liked or loved by someone else (thanks, Webster).
In order to receive the award, nominees must first follow a set of rules, and eventually nominate other bloggers for the same award. So, in a way, you could think of this whole shebang as a chain letter from 2007. But if you don’t go ahead and follow the rules, instead of dying in seven days, you just don’t receive the award. And since it’s not like a Pulitzer Prize, or an Oscar, or anything like that, you just kind of go on with your life, as if nothing ever happened.
The rules are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you, and display the award. (check, and check)
- Answer the eleven questions that the previous blogger provided for you.
- Give eleven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate anywhere from five to eleven other blogs that have less than 1,000 followers.
- Notify each blog of their nomination.
- Give your nominees eleven new questions to answer
Since I am clearly going ahead, and accepting this award (Kind of embarrassing sidenote: While typing this out, I definitely said “accepting this award” aloud like Jim Carrey as The Grinch), I will continue with the questions I was given. The thing is that the woman who nominated me did not give me new questions, so I will be answering the ones that were provided to her.
What made you start blogging?
The first time around, back in 2015, it was mostly out of boredom, but I also wanted to get back into writing. And I just didn’t stick to it.
When I came back for Round 2, it was because of a combination of three things. For one thing, Amanda had a personal blog of her own, and it interested me in writing about everything. Random things I was interested in, my life history, original stories and poems—anything and everything that I wanted to tell. Another thing was really just that I was back at home for good, and I wanted to do something that I could dedicated to, instead of withering away to just another kid who couldn’t do the school thing. The last thing was a good, long conversation with Tyler. He basically talked me into keeping up with it, and doing what I love. So I did.
What do you do when you are bored?
Most of the time, I usually either watch Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube videos. Other times, I can be found scrolling through social media. On more rare occasions, I’ll draw or paint or read a book. That sums up most of it.
What is a long term goal of yours?
I just really want to graduate college, but I don’t really consider that too long-term. If we want to talk more like ten years into the future, I would love it if I had a career that I actually enjoy, and a child of my own. You only asked for one, and I gave you two.
What are your favorite TV shows/movies?
Should I actually rewrite them, or just send you to my other posts? Because I actually made lists of favorites for both television shows and movies. But as of right now, I’m really into this show starring Freddie Highmore called The Good Doctor (which is not on my list, because I just started getting into it). And I’ve been watching Pocahontas a lot lately before bed, so there’s that.
What are your top three favorite songs of all time?
YIKES—this is such a difficult question for me! But here goes: Killing Me Softly With His Song by The Fugees, You’ll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins, and Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
What is your goal for 2018?
This year, my goal is to just be positive. Sure, I have things that I want to accomplish (finally get my license, sign up for college courses, lose some weight), but I think that I tend to go into new years with a negative outlook, so this year, I want to change that.
Do you have any pets?
Yes! I am very enthusiastic when it comes to dogs; I live with three, and consider two of them mine (the other is my Oma’s). Oma’s dog, Pixie, is a Pomeranian; and the other two, Lady and Luna, are a golden retriever/lab mix and a black/silver German Shepherd, respectively. And they’re super cute, in my opinion.
What are you passionate about?
I find myself unsure how to answer this question. Not that I don’t have anything that I’m passionate about; I’m just not all too passionate about anything specifically right now. I tend to repeatedly fall in and out of love with art [of all sorts] and music and writing. I am pretty verbal about women’s rights and rights for the LGBTQ+ community. Throughout my life, I’d have to say that I’ve been most passionate about dance.
Generally, I’m a very emotional person, so I’d like to think that that makes me passionate about most things that I get interested in.
Do you speak any other languages besides English?
I speak and understand a little bit of Spanish, as well as French. I’m probably more fluent in French though, because I’ve recently spent more time on that language than the other. I’m only completely fluent in English, and I’ve still got a lot to learn with that one.
What would be your ideal way to spend the weekend?
My idea of the best kind of weekend is spending all of Saturday out and about (whether it’s shopping, hanging out with friends/family, or just venturing out, I don’t care), and all of Sunday as a homebody. I feel like that represents me as a person really well, too, because that’s exactly how I am: I like going out, but I also love being able to just chill around the house.
What is your favorite season?
Definitely Fall, with Spring as a close second; no doubt in my mind. The weather, the colors, the fashion—everything about that time of year is simply the best.
11 Random Facts About Me
- My favorite animals are Siberian tigers and pandas—both of which, coincidentally, are animals that are black and white.
- I have some kind of selective claustrophobia that I don’t understand, because most small spaces don’t bother me, but I get really bad anxiety in specific closed spaces (i.e.: close-pipe slides) or crowded areas (i.e.: Rockefeller Center during Christmastime).
- I used to try to train myself to be ambidextrous. It didn’t work.
- Out of seventeen grandchildren, I am one of four that has brown eyes. The other three are some of my own siblings.
- I am a non-direct descendant of German General Erwin Rommel, who was a field marshal during the World Wars.
- Seeing the Northern Lights is at the very top of my bucket list.
- I’m really into lists and spreadsheets; Microsoft Excel is my best nonliving friend.
- I keep a list of movies that I need to watch, filled with films that are considered classics and whatever people recommend to me.
- I only like to write with black ink pens—for literally no other reason than the fact that I think black ink looks neater on paper than any other color.
- As a child, I was on a bowling league with my sister, Brianna, our cousin, Jimmy, and our old neighbor, Elizabeth; I still bowl the wrong way, and I’m not that great—but I do enjoy it!
- By far, my favorite animated princess is Anastasia…which probably sounds unbelievable, since I’m such a huge Disney nerd.
And some fabulous blogs that I am going to nominate for the Liebster Award are…
- Soul Searching
- Moonlit Pieces
- Black Coffee and Bourbon
- Catherine’s Blogs
- Life As Arisleidy
- My Mind Speaks Aloud
- Life After Fifty
- Meg’s Magical Musings
- Semantics Station
Here are the eleven questions that I have for you (don’t forget to answer them!)
- What are your nationalities? Would you say that you’re in touch with your heritage?
- Do you consider yourself a cat person or a dog person?
- Would you rather spend two weeks on a cruise in the Caribbean or backpacking through Europe?
- How do you feel about spirits and psychics?
- Who (or what) inspires you most?
- What’s your favorite color—why is it your favorite?
- How many siblings do you have? What’s your favorite thing about each of them? (If you don’t have any, could you picture yourself more as an older sibling or the younger one?)
- What are some of your favorite names?
- Did you always have a knack for writing, or did you stumble upon it later on?
- Who do you consider your best friend?
- What would you like to accomplish by the end of this year?
Again, thank you, Brenda, for nominating me, and I hope you all have a fantastic rest of your day.